Royal Ontario Museum is the most visited museum in Canada. Located within a driving distance from some of the finest hotels in Toronto, one may find its main entrance on Bloor Street West.
Established in the year of 1912, the Royal Ontario Museum was jointly managed by the Government of Ontario and the University of Toronto. It was officially opened to the public on the 19th of March 1914, by the Duke of Connaught.
The architectural style of the museum building is a blend, which reflects that of Italianate and neo-romanesque styles. It is heavily characterized by segmented arched windows. The masterminds behind this incredible architectural jewel are Frank Darling and John A. Pearson, two architects from Toronto. This masterpiece is a fantastic place to visit during your stay in Toronto at a property such as Pan Pacific Toronto.
In the beginning, there were five major galleries at the Royal Ontario Museum. These galleries were dedicated one each for a particular field of science. The exhibits in the museum were labelled and arranged in a way that was common since the Edwardian times.
Royal Ontario Museum offers services in two languages including English and French. These are offered through tactile tours, descriptive narration for people who are either completely or partially blind, and even large-print guides.